Monday, November 22, 2010

Bonus- Day 41 - More Than I Could Imagine

PRAYER DEVOTIONAL

Lord,
In this world its seems there has to be a morning after when the ecstasy of living on the mountain top must end and I must go down again into the valley.   The disciples came down from the mount of transfiguration. Those who ate with Jesus in the upper room left the singing to go to the garden and engage in prayer warfare. I guess all good things come to an end.  I guess they must.   But why?  I see that you are always more.  More than the people ever could imagine.  More than Israel expected could ever come out of Nazareth.  More than they believed for the mission of the Messiah. You bring surprises into my life. Just when I think that I have reaped all the benefits, just when I think that I have understood all that there is to understand about You, just when I think that I must leave Your presence of the darkness of everyday monotony…You do… You are…more.

Scripture Study
Luke 24:13-21
1.        What had happened to the experience with Jesus for the two on the road to Emmaus?  24:21

Are the still hoping or had they Hoped?

Did Jesus want them to have reason to hope?

Acts 1:7-8
2.       When Jesus went back to heaven what did He do to let them know He had more?

Does Jesus have more for me in worship?

1 Corinthians 2:9-10
3.       How is verse 9 most often used?  Have I believed that God has not revealed what He has for those who love Him.

How does verse 10 give us more than we expected?
Am I ready to be taught by the Spirit?

How can I keep revival alive in my life?

Picking Up From Here : The Lord has more.  Other ideas for study include going through a single story at a time through sections of the Bible.

How To Design My Own Prayer Time
1. Opening in prayer where I am as I awake today. This might be done in a journal, on a computer or spoken out loud.

2. Scripture Encounter: The gospel of John is often suggested as the best place to being asking these questions.
Who are the characters in the story?
What are the significant things in the story? 
Are there significant Old Testament references, customs or ceremonies? What do they add to the story?
What is the problem or issue in the story?
Walk with Jesus as He resolves the issues. What does the way Jesus revolves the issue reveal to us?
Where am I in the story? (Understanding how each person feels in the story, “Who am I most like”?)
How is Jesus trying to meet my need?
What does this tell me about God?

3. Praying back to God what I believe He is trying to tell me from this story that intersects with my life.

Prayer
Lord, You continue to give me more than I expect and much more than I deserve.  Wake me up to open my arms wide enough to receive the ongoing blessing You are just waiting to pour out.  I have started a habit. I know that You are not finished teaching me. So give me more of You.  You desire to take me my next step in my walk with You.  I give You more of me so I can experience more of you. Lead me so that I can connect with You every day until You Come. Even so come Lord Jesus, Amen. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment