PRAYER DEVOTIONAL
Lord,
Give me a day. A day where You come to me in human form. I'd like to watch You wake up in the morning, and listen to You sing in the shower. I know I'd admire Your intensity and diligence in Your work, and I would delight to see Your face light up when I compliment You. I’d learn Your laugh so I could pick it out in a crowd. And when You reached over and placed Your arm on my shoulder I would feel the warmth. Your touch would communicate You care, Your assurance, Your presence. I want to know the color of Your eyes and look directly into them and communicate without saying a word. Lord, I want You to speak my name and hear the love in the melody of the tone. I want to watch You splash in the water with the children. I want to have You spike on my volleyball team and give each other a “high five" for a well done game. And I'd burst with pride as I introduced You around to all of my friends. And I want to sit down and have You sitting across from me as I pour out the frustration and joy of the day. I’d like to relax on the carpet at Your feet as You share with me how to live. And want to hear You explain the meaning of the scars in Your hands. Oh, I know I need to live by faith, but I still want it.
In my mind I know You’re as real as the air I breath. But I don't crave a relationship with the air. Don't get me wrong. I am glad for what we have. I just want more. More of You up close. Tangible. Yes, You came to earth as a man. Your promised return in the clouds of heaven; tell me ... You want it too!
Scripture Study
John 7:26-43
1. Did having God appear in flesh and blood convince everyone? 7:27
Why or why not?
What were the Pharisees and Scribes trying to do? 7:25
How did Jesus explain to them that His time with them would be brief?
2. What did Jesus promise to those who believed? 7:38
What did the promise mean? 7:39
Why had the Spirit not yet been given?
3. How did people respond? John 7:40-43
When Jesus physically walked this earth, what caused some to accept Him as God and others to reject Him?
What causes me to have assurance that God is there?
Would God's appearing physically "make" me believe?
Would wonderful signs and miracle’s "make" me believe? John 12:37
To whom did Jesus hold out a special blessing? John 20:29
Lord, for forty days now we have been together. I have sat at Your feet and learned who You are and who I am in You. I have shed tears for the kind of person I find myself in contrast to the sort of person I envision myself being. I have grown to hear Your voice speaking to me. I do not want to return to the old way of living. I have tasted of walking with You and I want more than a bunch of doctrines or dry form, I want You. I want to be alive in You. I want to cling to You. I know that there will be a day when all this is ended. There will be a day when I no longer see at a distance but will be able to see and be seen face to face. Thank you for the taste of Your presence in worship but I am ready. Come take me home I am homesick. To have nothing between us. Please I crave You like a child in a thunderstorm craves the security of his mother’s arms. My heart craves You like a pregnant woman craves chocolate or a 50 hour laborer looks for a bed at the end of a long hard week. Lord I can never be the same. Even so come Lord Jesus take me home. Let me feel the warmth of Your touch. Let me hear the tone of You voice. Let me see the sparkle of joy in your eyes. I need You in the flesh. Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment