Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 13- THE BATTLE

                                                                                                                                                                        John 14:15-28
PRAYER DEVOTIONAL
Lord, Commander and Chief, the battle against the invaders, Satan, sin, self, and secularism, is intense and relentless. I have joined Your side in this civil war because I believe all that is right, good, pure and true rests with You. I have not bought into the enemies' propaganda machine blaming You for all the ills of this world. I have committed myself to Your side, holding Your position, claiming back Your territory, and recruiting where possible. I do confess that the monotony of everyday living has lulled me to sleep at my post. I should sound, as a sentinel, against the enemy's silent, deadly advance. The coded prophetic messages have given helpful advance information that has been crucial for defensive maneuvers. Some specifics in decoding are lost.
My present position is desperate. I have exhausted all the resources of my basic training. The enemy is upon me like a roaring lion seeking to devour. I know I am not wrestling against flesh and blood, but supernatural powers. Human-programming and motivation against these warring devils and demons is like a plastic sword against a tank. I shoot scriptural quotes, fling fiery darts of hymns of praise, I connect to the nuclear power of prayer. Yet I am losing ground. I will not be a soldier who goes AWAL (Adventist Willingly Abandoning  Lord.)"
I am shell-shocked and intimidated. I am wounded and weak. I will to, but I do not have the strength to fight, I lie in a foxhole radioing for re-enforcement.
GOD SPEAKS TO ME
Soldier, re-enforcements are on their way. I will send the One mighty in battle to walk alongside of you. He will be your strength, your power, your trainer, your medic in the field. Stick close to Him. He will refine you for the battle. Take courage, the war has been won. Victory is certain; and we will be flying the blood-stained victory banner of King Jesus.
Scripture Study
Read John 14:15-28.
1.       Jesus had just told the disciples He was leaving (John 13:33). What comfort did He give them? John 14:15

What allows the disciples to accept the Spirit when the world could not?


Am I more like the world or the disciples in accepting truth?

 Do I know the Spirit or just know about Him?

What truths will help me in the battle against Satan?

What truths about myself, about God, and about Satan are most important?

2.       How is my Jove for God clear? John 14:15, 21, 23

Do my actions show I really love Him?

What will God do in my life when I am following Him?

3.       How is my peace tried even in the presence of the Holy Spirit?

How is that peace, different from the peace the world offers?

Do I have Christ's peace?

How does peace affect my dealing with everyday problems?

What problems do I face?  Do I let them disturb my peace?


Prayer
Holy Spirit fill me.  In this battle command me as my trainer and teach me.  Equip me to have something to contribute towards the advancement of the kingdom.  Be the combat soldier that protects my back.  Be the medic that repairs my wounds from the war.  Infuse me with Your power. Transform me with the vision of who I am called to be in You.
                                                                                                                                                                  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment