Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 25-NO PLACE TO HIDE

GOD SPEAK TO ME
Why has your countenance fallen? (Genesis 4:5) Where is the smile of joy that usually brightens Your face? Where is the spark of life that shines from your eyes? You may turn your head from me. You can get involved in the business of life. You can ignore the prompting of the Spirit of truth. But your hard push to snub me only confirms my presence.
My desire for us to be together has not changed. The grotesque sight of your wounds has not sent me fleeing in horror. You cannot shock me away by outlandish behavior. The music and escapades of your party life have not convinced me of your contentment and happiness. I am not leaving thinking you have found someone or something to take my place.
You cannot escape from the drawing or My Spirit. You cannot flee from My presence. Where would you go? If you ascend into heaven, I am certainly there. If you would make your bed in the grave itself, I am there. If you would take to the wings of the morning dawn, or sink to the remotest or the deepest parts of the sea, even there My hand will touch you and lead you back to Me. If you hide yourself in darkness of night avoiding the light of day, I see you; darkness and light are alike to me.
Even in your mother's womb you were not hidden from me. I formed your inner parts and wove them together. All the days of your life are recorded in my book. I miss nothing. Let me touch your wounded heart. Let me put to ease your anxious thoughts. Let me lead you back from the painful path. Let us forever dwell together because you cannot really hide anything from me. Not your actions, your feelings your failures, or your emotions. Don't hide. Let me restore you. (Compare Psalm 139:7-18, 23- 4)
Scripture Study
1.       Why did Adam and Eve hide themselves when God entered the garden? Genesis 3: 10

How had they tried to hide their nakedness? Genesis 3: 7

What might have been the fear of Adam and Eve in relationship to God?

Do you realize you are “naked before God and cannot hide your sin?"

Are you most tempted to rationalize, disguise, cover up, or shift the blame with sin?

Have you tried to take care of it with your “fig leaf” solutions?

 Will you seek God to clothe you?

2.       What call had God given to Jonah that caused him to flee from the presence of the Lord?  Jonah 1:2

Did Jonah still claim to belong to God even though he was running to escape serving him? Jonah 1:9

What was Jonah thinking when he ran?

When Jonah was running from God, how did it affect other people? Jonah 1:10

What do I believe God wants me to do that is a Ninevah? Jonah 1:2

What most often keeps me from doing what God bas asked? Is it fear of ridicule, fear of failure, fear of loss, fear of the results, or resentment at being asked?

God specifically was asking Jonah to take his life changing word to others. Am I afraid to fill the same call God has given me?

Did God give up on Jonah when Jonah hid from Him?

Has He given up on me even if I have turned Him down?

Am I ready to stop hiding?

Prayer
Lord. Help me to stop hiding from You and to start hiding in You. Help me to call all-ye, all-ye in come free, to those who need a chance to come back to You.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment