My Son, My Daughter,
I come to you this day to let you know I have created you to be with me. (Genesis 1:21) I see myself in you. You are a chip off the old block. This is the day that I have made for us; rejoice with me. (Psalm 118:24) Yes, I want this day to make a difference in your life. I am calling you to let me make you holy. (Ezekiel 20:12, 20) It is a call to be my disciple. It is an appeal to lose yourself in me.
I know the thought of leaving a self-centered life is scary. You are afraid to fail, afraid of pain, of being rejected by the world, afraid of being taken advantage of. You fear for the future; you tremble at taking responsibility for your actions. You wonder how you can tell yourself "no" and question if there is anything or anyone who can give you the strength. {Romans 7:21-24)
But fear not, for I am with you. (Isaiah 41:10) I have chosen you, and have planned for you to be mine from the beginning of time. (Ephesians 1:3-4) My love will conquer. I can tame your evil, impassioned heart. (Romans 7: 26; 6:22) You need to let my words fill your heart so you can know where to walk. (Psalm 119:9-11, 105) Come away with me to a quiet retreat today so we can spend time talking and you can find me as your God. (John 4:23)
Let the gentle Spirit fill you and teach you the walk of love. He will strengthen you to turn the other cheek; hold in cheek your selfish desires, to place others' needs before your own. He will cause a flow of water to give life to your dusty heart. Come be my disciple.
Scripture Study
"Be diligent in these matters and give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress."
1 Timothy 4: 15
How to grow in Christian maturity by …
1. Put away childish things. 1 Corinthians 13:11
What are the areas where I am still acting like a child?
Am I taking responsibility?
How do I act spoiled?
Am I self-centered?
2. Cultivating Understanding. 1 Corinthians 14:20
What was the last thing I studied and learned on my own?
When did I last stop and ask myself how a scripture applies to me?
3. Striving for Maturity. Ephesians 4:11-13
When was the last time I sought to develop a talent, or ability, for God's service?
When did I last share my knowledge, or gift, with another to encourage them?
4. Looking at deeper truths of the Gospel. Hebrews 5:14
When did I last address a spiritual issue?
In what areas of God's truth have I been neglectful?
Does my "growth line" show reading the gospels through, or looking at Jeremiah, Leviticus, and Ezekiel?
5. Overcoming Temptations. 1 John 2:14
Am I excusing sin in my life?
Have I confessed the sin?
Have I tried to gain victory and failed?
Prayer
Lord, I want to follow Your footsteps.
Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment