Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 27- TO SAY I LOVE YOU

PRAYER DEVOTIONAL
Lord,
Today, I have not come first with a fist full of requests. Yes, I have lots to share about how I am facing the circumstances of life. I know that You have things to teach me, and areas you want to bring to my attention for growth. I am open for your instruction. And yes, I will yield my agenda to You.
But first, I want to tell You. You, surprise me again and again with the depths of your generosity, I remember a point as a child of not being sure I should really believe in You; You seemed like Santa Claus—too good to be anything but a myth! The reality of who You are has restored my childlike faith, and placed the twinkle of delight at the magic of Your miracles. Your consistent goodness drips in my soul, and the deposits rise up like stalagmites of gratitude formed over time, layered one merciful act at a time.
I need You like the drowning man needs breath and the wilting plant needs rain. I desire You like the suckling baby craves her mother, and the lost dog seeks for his master. I am as awed by You as the naturalist before Niagara Falls, or the baseball enthusiast before Ken Griffey Jr. I am moved by Your sacrifice for me. I am humbled in the presence of One who has such capacity to love. Without You I am nothing. You are my life. I'm proud of You. You are my knight in shining armor, my safe house on the gang-ridden streets. You are the ambulance in time for a life that had crashed. You are my friend my guardian, my protector, my brother, my father, my spouse, And I just want to say, "I love You."
Scripture Study
Read Psalm 144:1-2
Record what words, titles and images are used to say to God, "I love You."

Read Psalm 147
What action words record God's ministry?

How does the Psalmist say, "I love You?”

What new way can I say, "I love You?"

What can I do to say, "I love You?"

No comments:

Post a Comment